Following a recent meeting of the Men’s Committee the following proposals were adopted:
Prizes for Men’s weekend competitions will be distributed in the following format until further notice
3rd Handicap Category (0 – 15)
4th Handicap Category (16 – 28)
- The above position will be reviewed the end of June ’16
- Changes are effective from competitions commencing weekend 14th May ’16 (Eddie Egan’s sponsored competition).
GOLFER OF THE YEAR:
- All Major and weekend sponsored 18 Hole singles stroke/stableford competitions (from March –Mid October) – played under qualifying handicap conditions – are eligible for the GOY (approximately 25 events).
- Players may enter and secure GOY points in ALL qualifying competitions – but their individual aggregate score for the year will be derived from their best 15 results when determining the GOY 2016.
- In the event of a tie – the golfer with the most competition wins will be deemed GOY.
- GOY results will be posted on the noticeboard in Gent’s locker room following the completion of each eligible event.
- Juniors/Students are not eligible to win GOY.
Competition committee’s decision is final.
2016 Boyden Cup Draw – Preminary Round: