Castlebar Golf Club
Labelled “The Augusta of Connaught” by a National Journalist, Castlebar Golf Club is an 18 hole parkland course with fantastic USGA standard sand-based greens.
Castlebar Golf Club President Jimmy Walsh will host his President's Prize on Sat 4th and Sun 5th of July. This promises to be a wonderful weekend of competitive Golf.
Dear Members We look forward to welcoming you all to the ClubHouse from Monday, 29 June. Government Guidelines and recommended advice underpin all activities. A one-way flow system will operate Entry to bar/restaurant via foyer – follow yellow signage One person...
Hi all, As competitions will resume this week please note the following; Check-in at first tee will be discontinued from tomorrow the 29th however BRS pre booking remains. Our 50/50 draw at the first tee will continue and we thank you for your support thus...
We look forward to welcoming you all to the ClubHouse from Monday, 29 June.
Government Guidelines and recommended advice underpin all activities.
A one-way flow system will operate:
1. Entry to bar/restaurant via foyer – follow yellow signage
2. One person will check in each group – contact tracing lists will be maintained
3. Menu will be displayed on screen in foyer and on blackboard in bar
4. All members will be seated with table service
5. Alcohol served ONLY with a substantial meal (min. €9 per person, as per HSE Regulations
6. Physical distancing and time-limited slots will be implemented
7. Contactless payment preferred
8. Voucher use deferred for the short-term
Our first priority is the health and safety of staff and members and to ensure prevention of the spread of COVID-19. We will follow best practice in service and physical distancing to promote the health of all.
A review will be conducted each week.
Opening/closing as follows:
Monday 2 pm-10pm
Tuesday 2 pm-10pm
Wednesday 12 noon-8pm
Saturday 11am-10pm …. President’s Prize 1
Sunday 11am-10pm …. President’s Prize 2
Gerry Daly, Council Chairperson
Founded in 1910 Castlebar Golf Course has evolved into a wonderful parklands course with overall design by PeterMcEvoy in 1998 and amendments and additions in 2018 by reknowned course architect Jeff Hawes.
Social events are suspened during this phase of Covid
President Jimmy Walsh’s President’s Prize 2020
Sat July 4th – Day 1
Sun July 5th – Day 2
Green Fee Rates 2019
Castlebar Golf Club offers very competitive green fee rates. Our online portal displays best rates available.
Extended Green Fees
Visiting the area and wish to play a few times over a week or a month? Contact the Club for special rates.
Castlebar Golf Club has a range of membership options, including Juniors, Students, Adults & Seniors.
Contact Club 0949021649
Starting at €100 per month
Rate depends on Category – click link to view categories and rates.
Practice area is closed during this phase of Covid
Putting & Chipping Greens
Practice is restricted to warm-up before first tee during this phase of Covid
Castlebar Golf club
Rocklands, Castlebar, County Mayo, Ireland.
+353 94 9021649
Message from Captains Tom and Mary - May 2020
MESSAGE FROM CAPTAINS TOM & MARY
We wish to thank all members for their cooperation and adherence to Protocol
Guidelines under phase 1.
Phase 2 commences on Monday, 8 th June.
The main changes are the return of 4-ball golf and the resumption of club
In an effort to return to normality, the following procedures & protocols will be in
1. Time slots will be identified on the BRS for the various categories
commencing next week, Monday Phyxers, Men’s Tuesday competition,
Ladies Wednesday competition, Seniors on Friday.
2. The BRS will now open every morning from 8am.
3. Weekend competitions begin with Jimmy Walsh’s President’s Prize on Sat
13 th and Sun 14 th June. In lieu, the ladies will run two separate competitions on
Friday 12 th and Monday 15 th (Sponsors will be taken from missed Wednesday
4. Ladies Wednesday competitions begin on 10 th June. Accordingly, booking for
this date will open on Wednesday 3 rd June at 8am. For now there will be no
draws, 4-balls every 14 minutes, book one week ahead in the allotted time
slots identified on BRS, 9-hole competition available in the morning. An
updated version of the Wednesday competitions will be posted in the ladies
5. In order to play, members must register on the BRS timesheet whether in
competition or not one week in advance.
6. Entry is by competition purse only (CP) for all competitions. You may need to
update your CP.
7. Checking in at the first tee will continue for contact tracing purposes.
8. Score cards for competition will be available in the Men’s and Ladies locker
9. Competition sign-in will be at the first tee.
10. Each player marks their own card and verbally certifies score with playing
partner (marker). It is not necessary to exchange cards.
11. A verbal confirmation of scores must be agreed at the end of the round. The
player signs own name and writes marker’s name on his/her own card.
12. Completed cards are to be returned to usual competition boxes.
13. Note competition results may be delayed due to all results entered manually
by the competition committee.
14. To ensure no hold-ups during play, a course ranger will be deployed to
15. It is the responsibility of each player to familiarise themselves with the
guidance protocols for safe golf.
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.